Monday, December 20, 2010

In the Midst of Holiday Activities.....

I was reminded today by a friend (via the blogosphere) that the Holidays are a time of the year to be present, and "centered" as she wrote...

I've been forgetting that a little lately, I am a bit overwhelmed with all of the Holiday parties, chores, and the many last minute things I need to get done.

However....

Jon, Aurelia, and I have started our own Christmas tradition....after Arie gets ready for bed (some nights before by Arie's request)... we turn down the lights, turn on the Christmas tree lights and dance to Christmas songs. Her favorites are Christmas Canon by the Trans Siberian Orchestra and All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey. She tries to sing along, and she wiggles to the music... we hold hands and dance along....Jon and I get to really enjoy Aurelia at this time of our day.

We are both so busy, and it's so hard to always give her the attention and love she deserves, but whatever it is that we are doing....we always make time for our dancing time...

I feel absolutely blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment