Monday, January 13, 2014

Messy House


Ok, so intentional living doesn't always mean a messy house, but this weekend, I definitely let my house chores go.  I did the very basics so my house wasn't dirty, but I let go of hounding Arie on putting stuff away, let her sing and play to her heart's content...I didn't make a huge deal about putting everything in it's "home" because sometimes that is exhausting and a messy house isn't the end of the world.  

This has led to a happier me, a better relationship with Arie, and quality time with her.  She listens better when I am more patient with her.  She has also become better at communicating her feelings with me because I am better at communicating with her.  I have avoided the voice-raising, the nagging, the yelling to get her to do things.  Taking just a few extra minutes to explain why I need something done has been working really well.  I hope it's not a fluke! 

I was also able to take the time to do something I love.  I finished a quilt for Arie.  It was such a great weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment