Monday, December 30, 2013

Expecting Baby #2

We are expecting baby #2 and I am becoming more conscious of what I want out of this time.  Because of the emotional difficulties I had during my last pregnancy and all of my postpartum OCD and depression issues, I am hyper aware of my mood, taking rest when needed, and controlling my stress levels as best I can.  I know many women who survived postpartum issues have more children and are fine, but I have had a hard time letting go of my fears.

I have fears of what my postpartum period will look like.  I have fears of judgements people will make about me and my parenting because of choices I make about breastfeeding....fears of fears I had when Arie was a babe. 

I am giving myself some accountabilities/goals this week to really focus on working on my fears and to enjoy this very special time in my life more:

1. Focus on the now
2. Let people give you their opinions and then let them go.
3. Make decisions and own them. 
4. Have faith that the support system you have now is amazing and something you didn't have with Arie.
5. Be kind to yourself. 

On a lighter note, Ms. Arie is so excited for "our baby" to come.  She is going to be a great big sis.





No comments:

Post a Comment