Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVAH

I've been testing different chocolate chip cookie recipes and yesterday, I tweaked the NYT recipe and made the best batch I've ever made. Here is my version if anyone wants to try it out! 

Ingredients: 

a little less than 2 C of cake flower
1 1/3 C bread flower
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1/3 C granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp fine kosher salt
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 C semi sweet choc chips

Mix all dry ingredients and set aside.
Cream butter and sugars
Add eggs and vanilla
Add the dry mixture until all mixed in
Fold the choc chips in
Let mixture chill for 4 hours

Preheat oven to 375
Scoop dough on to a cookie sheet- can be any size

Let cook for 7-10 minutes or until it is brown around the edges but still a teeny bit gooey in the middle. Let cookie set on sheet for 1 minute before letting it cool on a rack.

I think the key is keeping an eye on cooking time. I hope you all like!

No comments:

Post a Comment